Friday, April 25, 2014

La Platas first snow

This started out as a news paper clipping from 40ish years ago. It is of a first snow fall in laplata canyon Near Hesperus Colorado . My Mother loved it she kept the clip that area holds a lot of sentimental value .  She gave me that clip to see if I could do some thing with it.  This is how it turned out.  It became one of her Christmas  presents she was over joyed when she saw it. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I am going to make this again artistic license change the river and far tree line and mountain .This is true to photo .





This is a pastel painting 10 x 16  I used colorfix primer on 100lbs watercolor paper toned a warm grey.  I used Nu-pastels, Blick brand soft pastels  Schmincke and Sennelier .

No comments:

Post a Comment