Sunday, August 17, 2014

Howling Coyote

This is in Monument Valley  looking past the Totem pole and Yee bi chea dancers to the Howling Coyote way out in the distant about to get a shower.  Monument Valley has been a place that fascinates me the high cliffs, sunsets sunrises with beautiful colors with dark shadows. A change of 30 minutes  can change the colors from a sandstone cream to fiery reds and oranges  or golden yellows the rinsing and setting of the sun is a sight to behold if you are ever threw there stop and watch one. 

This was finished  early April , but I started it in January  this sat on my easel while I was in the hospital from that wicked flu that went around this spring.   Finished this when I came home.



 The boulders on the bottom left are the size of a home  there actually is a home and coral there for what I was painting they didn't fit  so they gone.

This is acrylic on gallery wrap canvas 16x20.



No comments:

Post a Comment