Monday, August 12, 2013

Here is another pastel this is a sunset on the Oregon coast  .  I don't recall where the reference  photograph came from but said it was the Oregon coast .  The light and shadows with the interesting reflections  just caught my eye. I had to try to recreate it in pastels. There something  special  sitting on the beach watching  the sun go down drinking a glass of wine and eating a picnic of  dried sausages, cheeses bread with friends  or loved ones looking at a scene  like this watching the sun go down listening to the surf. This reference reminded me of a vacation picnic  with a similar view and similar sunset.

This is on  color fix paper made by art spectrum 9x12.  I used Nu-pastels, Blick brand soft pastels  Schmincke and Sennelier.

No comments:

Post a Comment